Monday, September 13, 2010

Be careful who you respond to!

   My newest Stupid Craigslist Trick isn't a scam but is a very cheap and stupid trick I witnessed in the Ogden-Clearfield, Utah rants and raves section of Craigslist. It has gone on for a few weeks. First a lady was so upset about a guy named Marc who responded to her ad that she posted the picture he sent of her and started making fun of his looks in the rants and raves section. She mentioned how he said he was 5'2" and 165 lbs "as if he was proud of it." and said that maybe he should get a "cancerous" growth removed from the left side of his face and "lose at least 65 lbs". Later her ad was removed and she posted yet another ad telling Marc that he "better watch his back" because she was mad that he got her ad removed-of course her new ad appears to have been removed too. I doubt that it was even Marc who got her ads removed. Heck, others responded that they were upset with her posting his picture and making fun of him. If Marc did flag her ad as inappropriate, I imagine others did too. In fact, I believe I flagged her ad. A few days ago, Marc posted "Another Story of Cinderella" that was funny and made fun of the poster whose name was Mary. I contacted Marc asking if I can post his story on my blog since I liked the story so much. I was outraged that someone would post a person's name, photo and ridicule someone on a public forum and liked how Marc fought back. I contacted Mary for an explanation of why she did what she did and she just said that "Marc got what he deserved" and complained about what a burden she thinks short, overweight men like Marc are to the health care system. Marc Responded to me and said he doesn't mind if I post his rant on my blog so here is Marc's alternative version of Cinderella:


Another Version of Cinderella (Ogden) by Marc


Mary always lived in a fantasy world where she always felt she was the modern day Cinderella and someday a Tall, Dark, Handsome, and wealthy prince will find her at the ball and sweep her off her feet and she will live happily ever after. She grew sick and tired of all the men she calls "trash" who are shorter than 5'8" and overweight and all short guys are ugly in her opinion. Even though Ogden isn't really considered a rich town, Mary wished there was some kind of ball where she can meet one of the richest men in Ogden. Luck had it, there was a ball in Ogden one night and even a prince when a prince rarely lives in Ogden of all places! Since there isn't a ferry godmother in this story, she used another form of magic to get an expensive dress and sexy shoes for the ball - a credit card.

During the ball, Mary met the rich prince who was really tall but he didn't seem too interested in her. As the clock struck 12 midnight, she left one of her shoes with an address card inside so the tall, rich prince wouldn't have difficulty finding her. He wouldn't even have to go around Ogden and have several ladies try on the shoe or find who has the other shoe. All he had to do was go to the address on the card she left inside her shoe to find his princess.

The next morning there was a knock on her door and her older sister who Mary lives with answered the door. Mary always considered her older sister to be fat and ugly. As her sister answered the door, she was surprised to see a tall, rich prince at the door with a shoe.

The tall, rich prince asked: "Did you lose a shoe at the ball last night?"


Mary's sister said: "No, I didn't go to the ball last night and my feet are too big to fit in that tiny shoe."


The tall, rich prince said: "That's a shame, you look beautiful and should have attended the ball. I'm not looking for who's feet this shoe will fit. What's your name?"


Mary's sister answered: "I'm Jennie"


the tall rich prince said: "Hi Jennie, You probably already know who I am. would you care to join me for dinner?"


Mary's sister answered: "I'd love to!"


The tall, rich prince said: "Great Jennie, now what should I do with the shoe?


Mary's sister asked: "How do you know whose shoe it is?


The tall, rich prince said: "Mary is known to leave a shoe at any ball with an address card in it hoping prince charming will look for her and sweep her off her feet like the fictional story Cinderella. I was going to just throw the shoe away but, it's a good thing I didn't or I wouldn't have met you Jennie.


Mary's sister asked: "You don't like my sister? I'm kind of surprised since she has always called me fat and ugly and she's attractive."


The tall, rich prince said: "Please don't take this as an offense but I think your sister is a bitch and beauty is only skin deep. I meet too many women like your sister who live in a fantasy land and feel entitled to a tall, dark, handsome, and rich guy like me just because they are "beautiful". Do you realize how many beautiful women I met last night at the ball who turned out to be rude? You can hide your flaws all you want but eventually your inner beauty shows through your makup, nice clothing, and fancy shoes. I'm not looking for a woman who likes me only because I am tall, dark, handsome, and rich. There's no guarantee I will be rich forever and I may not always be handsome so I am looking for someone who accepts me for who I am."


Instead of Mary being swept off her feet by a tall, dark, handsome, and rich prince her "fat, ugly" sister was swept off her feet and lived happily ever after while Mary slaved away trying to make enough money to pay off her credit card bill for the expensive clothes she bought just for the ball.

The moral of the story: Don't assume you are above everyone else you may be surprised to find out that you aren't as attractive as you think you are!
Mary, this is a message from Marc. The guy who you blasted and even posted a picture of here in the Rants and Raves section of the Criagslist Personals. Oh, I also am not the person who had your ad removed and have no idea who did.

P.S. Sorry for the long story everyone!


   Don't worry Marc, You don't need to apologize for a long story. I think the person who should be apologizing for anything is Mary who posted your picture and other information. Your story made me laugh! I tried to capture Marc's story as it appeared but he had a lot of HTML formatting so tried to guess the tags he used to format his story. I added the Horizontal lines to separate his story from the rest of my blog. I thank Marc for allowing me to post his story and the details that Mary posted about Marc (that he is 5'2" and 165 lbs) and will not post Marc's Picture for privacy reasons.
   If the Frauds and Scams are enough to deal with on Craigslist, you have to be concerned that you may correspond with someone as cold and heartless as Mary who will post your Picture, Name, height/Weight, and ridicule you. Mary could have just stopped contacting Marc after losing interest in him but she decided to embarrass Marc in the Rants and Raves section of Craigslist. Be Careful who you respond to!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting my alternate version of Cinderella and I am glad you enjoyed it. I wanted to point out that I recently found out that I never even responded to an add by Mary. From what I gather, Mary found my picture on Facebook and published the picture of me claiming that I responded to her ad. I assumed I did but have now determined that I responded to some women on Craigslist who requested a photo but none of they went by the name Mary. Her whole story of me responding to her ad is a lie.

    ReplyDelete